Monday, May 17, 2010

Stellar Meal Part 2: Chicken Pot Pie

I can't BELIEVE I have not given y'all this recipe. So fast, everyone loves it. EASY! This recipe is for feeding two. If you are feeding 4 or more, just add more chicken and veggies.


So Easy Andrea Can't Screw it up Chicken Pot Pie:
1 Chicken Breast
Seasonings you like
1 can of cream of chicken soup
your favorite cheese, shredded (cheddar or Mozzarella work best)
1 puff pastry sheet
and a cup or 2 of frozen mixed veggies, (or canned or fresh, whatever). You can use corn, carrots, peas, little bits of broccoli, green beans, just whatever you have lying around.

Throw thawed chicken into a hot skillet with a couple of tablespoons of oil. I use olive oil. Whatever is available. I season the chicken with salt, pepper, and whatever seasonings I have on hand. Today was onion flakes, parsley, and a pinch of the mystery "Italian seasoning". Once the chicken is cooked, throw in your can of soup and veggies. Turn the heat down on the skillet if needed. Add in a fist full or 2 of whatever shredded (or cubed) cheese you have around. Stir until thoroughly incorporated and warm. Spoon the goo into a Corningware dish and put the puff pastry on top. Cook at 400* for 15-20 minutes. (Or until the pastry has puffed and is golden. Here is what you get:


I make mine in little individual size dishes, but you can make a family size in a big glass dish, too. It works just as well. I put they cookie sheet under it to catch overflow and make it easier to pull in and out of the oven. Everyone is a fan. I have never met a corn-fed white boy that doesn't like it. Try it yourself, let me know how your family likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments! What's cookin'?